The Summer Workshop brought together three recurring themes: improved recognition of conversational speech, probabilistic representations of linguistic meaning, and abstract meaning representations for machine translation.
- Martha Palmer – Designing Abstract Meaning Representations for Machine Translation
- Percy Liang – The State of the Art in Semantic Parsing
- Shalom Lappin – A Rich Probabilistic Type Theory for the Semantics of Natural Language
- David McAllester – The Problem of Reference
- Stephan Oepen – Broad-Coverage Semantic Dependency Parsing
- Giorgio Satta – Synchronous Rewriting for Natural Language Processing